INDIANA, Pa. – The IUP men’s golf program is ranked first in the initial Scoreboard regional rankings, released by the organization this week (January 24).
With the spring portion of the schedule starting around the country, the rankings will be updated weekly on the Scoreboard website. IUP played six events in the fall, boasting an overall win-loss-tie record of 49-13-1.
The Hawks claimed the top spot in the region with 14.24 points, followed by Charleston (W.Va.) with 13.62 points and Gannon with 13.03 points. Millersville (10.39) and Glenville State (8.45) rounded out the top five.
The Crimson Hawks played 17 total rounds during the fall season, posting a team scoring average of 291.6 with a first-place finish at the Post Invitational on October 10. Alex Swinnerton led the way for IUP in the fall slate, winning two events and carding an average round of 72.65.
Shaun Fedor, Guillermo Salazar and Aidan LeBlanc all had at least two top-10 individual finishes during the fall portion of the schedule. The Crimson Hawks returned to practices and workouts this week with the beginning of the spring 2024 semester.
IUP returns to competition on March 18-19 at the Ralph Hargett Memorial Intercollegiate, hosted by Wingate.
For coverage of the IUP men’s golf program, follow the Crimson Hawks on X (@IUPgolf) and Instagram (@IUPmgolf) and online at IUPAthletics.com.
- Atlanta weekend schedule for NASCAR Cup, Xfinity, Trucks
- BASports.com is Top MLB Baseball Handicapper, Winning 5 of Last 6 Las Vegas MLB Baseball Contests
- LIV’s Joaquin Niemann among 3 golfers invited to Masters
- Chelsea will beat Liverpool in the Carabao Cup final and here’s why
- Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators PSL 2024 Live Score: Toss Update SOON!
- Devin Haney Vs. Ryan Garcia Will Take Place In New York, De La Hoya Reveals
- Dubai Open: Paolini reaches semi-finals after Rybakina illness
- NHL trade rumors and live updates: Latest big board, deals and news ahead of March 8 deadline
Thursday, February 22